Tips for Reading at Home
- Growing a reader at home should be fun and never a chore!
- Create a basket of books in rooms where your child spends the most time
- Develop "Quiet Reading Time" as it fits with your family schedule, especially on the weekends. After lunch is a great time to sit quietly with a book for 20-60 minutes, depending on age and stamina
- Sign up for a public library card and take "field trips" to the public library with a special bag to fill with books
- Talk to your child informally about what s/he is reading or interested in learning more about