About the Bolles Ponte Vedra Beach Library
Welcome to The Bolles School, Ponte Vedra Campus Library Program!
The Library is located on the second floor of the main building at the Ponte Vedra Campus. Our collection houses nearly 8,000 books, periodicals and access to appropriate databases and aims to reflect the curriculum and the diverse reading interests and needs of the student body.
The mission of the Bolles Lower School Library program is to ensure that children
become engaged and enchanted by print literature, become effective users of
information and deepen their critical thinking and research skills.
Students in the Lower School:
- Visit the library on a scheduled basis for literature-enriched experiences that connect to the curriculum, engender the joy of reading and cultivate mindful selection and use of books for research and for pleasure.
- Learn genres of literature and where to find them.
- Listen to stories aloud, experience the arc of literature, and participate in storytelling.
- Learn how to conduct academic research using a variety of print and digital materials in both guided and independent settings.
- Develop a personal code for digital citizenship and information literacies.
Through monthly themes and lessons, students in The Bolles Lower School will develop a greater understanding of themselves both individually and as part of a larger group. The primary goal of this curriculum is the cultivation of character in our students through exploration and promotion of basic moral, social and intellectual values as those expressed in our School Mission Statement.
Selecting a book to take home is the highlight of the library experience! The policies are as follows for periods of 2 weeks:
- PK, K and Grade 1 may check out 1 book.
- Grade 2 may check out up to 2 books.
- Grade 3 may check out up to 3 books.
- Grade 4 may check out up to 4 books.
- Grade 5 may check out up to 5 books.
Donations of books are accepted. Should the book(s) not be suitable for our collection, please be advised that these will be donated to another library or literacy organization.
I look forward to building a positive literary relationship with your family. Please reach out to me if you have questions!
About the Librarian
Christina Karvounis started at Bolles in the Fall of 2017. Prior to that, she was
the Lower School Librarian at The Brooklyn Friends School in Brooklyn, New York.
Christina has over 20 years of PK-12 teaching and library experience, a Master's in
Library Science, and a passion for sharing the joy of reading and the information
sciences. During the summer,she is a community librarian in a small town in Maine.
Contact Christina Karvounis at karvounisc (at) bolles (dot) org.